Las ventas de la Redmi Smart TV Max de 98 pulgadas de Xiaomi siguen sorprendiendo, ya que 1.500 unidades se venden en menos de 11 horas.
It appears a 98-inch smart television is not necessarily a niche product after all going by Xiaomi’s current sales records. Only just after reporting an astounding 1,000 units of the Redmi Smart TV Max had been sold in three-and-a-half minutes, the company has now revealed that a further 500 sets were sold in the proceeding 10.5 hours, give or take a minute. This makes a total of 1,500 Redmi Max 98 devices now winging their way out to eager customers.
The general manager of Redmi, Lu Weibing, has helped put the massive total in better perspective by mentioning that sales of 98-inch TVs throughout China in the previous month amounted to less than 100 units. So 15 times more Redmi Max 98 televisions were sold in less than half a day than the entire month before for all brands. It’s an impressive statistic that Xiaomi understandably wants to share.
It’s not entirely surprising that the 98-inch Redmi Smart TV Max has sold so well, as Xiaomi has challenged the industry by setting the price tag at 19,999 yuan (US$2,825). Similar sized sets from other companies can cost well over 10-20 times as much as the Redmi Max 98, although obviously they offer better specs, such as 8K resolution panels. So you get what you pay for and some corners have to be cut, but the Redmi device still offers a more than presentable datasheet that should satisfy its many buyers.
- 98-inch (3840x2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle
- HDR 10, MEMC motion compensation, 192 partition dynamic backlight
- 1.9 GHz quad-core Cortex-A55 Amlogic T972 12nm processor with Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- 4 GB RAM memory and 64 GB storage
- PatchWall custom software and XiaoAI voice assistant
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 GHz/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2
- 3 x HDMI (one has ARC), 2 x USB, S/PDIF, Ethernet
- H.264, Real, MPEG1/2/4, etc. support
- 2 x 8 W speakers, DTS audio, Dolby Audio